Value Floors Direct - Shipped broken tile in the middle of unbroken
I ordered over $1,000 of large tile and it came shipped on a plastic wrapped pallet in excellent condition.Upon inspecting the pallet and the boxes with the driver all looked fine.
I even gave them a good review originally. The tiles were large and there were about 12 boxes in total 5 tiles per box all strapped together for support. Upon laying the tile, my contractor got to the 6th box sandwiched in the middle of the other boxes and every tile in the box was cracked in exactly the same place, but the box was intact except for a small quarter sized whole in the front. This small puncture was impossible to see, the rest of the box was in pristine condition and they were too heavy to unstrap for fear they would fall over and break.
the tiles were shipped broken. I contacted the company and since it was past 30 days they said too bad. I wanted the tiles here in plenty of time, and i assumed the any damage would be done in shipping, not prior. in good faith I would think the company would have taken care of $65 in tile and not lose business.
BUYER BEWARE and make sure to inspect each and every tile one by one if you decide to purchase. That is if the driver will wait while you break down the pallet, cut the packing and open all the boxes. My contractor thinks the forklift pierced the box and broke the tile through and through. They packed the broken box right in with the unbroken.
Oh, the offered me a discount on future purchases!NOT!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Travertino Bianco Tile
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "My Adams Homes StoryMy Defective Adams Home Story. Three years ago September of 2006 my family purchased a 3000 square foot home from Adams Homes of North East Florida. This..."
- "Letter sent to College works with NO response.Please find below comments on my experience with College Works. Nathen (project manager) explained the process to me, and as a business..."
- "These photos show a crack in the foundation slab that I discovered when I took up the carpet in my house at Sun City Hilton Head, SC.Photo 1 shows what..."
- "You know, there are good website hosting companies out there, there are average, there are bad... and then there are outright thieves. I am not talking about the: "Oh, they..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "I purchased a Vizio television back Nov. 2011 the television started shutting off by itself. I called customer service and explained what was going with the television I was told..."
- "The Secaucus NJ location has poor food as well as, a poor representation of customer service Mr. Byron the Manager on duty. Byron is not a problem solver!! Unbelievable take out..."
- " I purchased food on board BWI - ORD flight on Nov 13 (confirmation # DM6B4V) but have not been able to obtain receipt for this transaction. Surprisingly, there is..."