I bought 300 sq ft of porcelain tile from Value Floors Direct (.com)...when the project was over I had 4 boxes of tiles left over (around 48 sq ft)...I wanted to return them for a refund...I found out at that time that with their 30% restocking fee and their outlandish shipping charges (the cost was virtually the same as the original shipping fee for all of the tile...original cost for shipping was $154...the cost to return only 4 boxes $135)...I was told I would have to pay THEM to return the tile...BUYER Beware!!

Had an Experience with Value Floors Direct?

Comments

This "customer" clerly understands nothing at all about tiles! It is ludicrous to think one can return such small quantities sine every batch has different shades and caliper (size), thus, a small qunatity is virtually of no use for anyone. On the other hand, any wise customer will buy ad extra 5-8% of coverage for possible future needs (breakages etc).

Rovato, Lombardy, Italy #404071

Wow.I'm thinking about placing an order with Value Floors Direct and therefore researching the organization as much as possible.

In my opinion, LMUNNELLY's comment is unreasonable. The 30% restocking fee is clearly outlined on VFD's "shipping and returns" page (as they stated). The fee will certainly factor into my decision to buy (or not) from them, but it's not like the policy is hidden.

Also, it's not VFD's fault the consumer over estimated their need by over fifteen percent.

P.S.I'm in no way affiliated with VFD.

Mrs.Munnelly is correct, we do charge a 30% restocking charge and the customer is responsible for the return shipping.

This information is clearly stated on our website under the shipping and returns. Unfortunately, tile and flooring is extremely heavily and expensive to ship. Therefore, any cost associated with returning the product is factored in. We provided Mrs Munnelly a clear written breakdown of the cost, and return charges in accordance with our return policy.

While unfortunate, we believe most people understand that we cannot cover the $135 in shipping on a $166 in product.We would not be in business for long.

Our return policy is clearly posted on our website under the shipping and returns.Unfortunately, tile is heavy and expensive to ship.

Therefore, we pass on the return freight to the customer.This is not hidden information and it is clearly posted on our website www.valuefloorsdirect.com